A regular favourite at Rasam, this dish was prepared and presented in the Rasam Cookery Classes over the summer. If you would like to learn more about Indian Cooking techniques, check out our page http://www.rasam.ie/about-rasam-restaurant/indian-cookery-classes/ for updates on upcoming dates of classes.
Beetroot Chicken RECIPE
- 1 tbsp cooking oil/ mustard oil
- 3 onion, chopped
- 1/2kg beetroot finely chopped
- 200 gms tomatoes puree
- 4 green chilli chopped
- 2tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 850gms chicken boneless diced
- Salt, to taste
- 50gms.Chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, temper with cumin
- Add onion and fry until light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, stir for a while.
- Add all the spices and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes puree and beetroot at the same time, cook for a while.
- Add chicken to the mixture, add salt and cook until chicken is done.
- Finish with chopped coriander.